Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
As witness of your entrepreneurial journey, we look at your reality through a different lens, keeping you true to your story.
What is mentorship?
Mentoring is most often defined as a professional relationship in which an experienced person (the mentor) assists another (the mentee) in developing specific skills and knowledge that will enhance the less-experienced person’s professional and personal growth. This is for a specific period of time during which a person receives guidance, advice and support from a mentor.
The role of the mentor is not to spoon-feed, but to share knowledge and support the mentee.
Why do I need a mentor?
If you can honestly say you are content then you don’t need a mentor, BUT if you ever felt overwhelmed, with no balance between your personal or professional life, sometimes in self-doubt, uncertain which direction to take, need a “push and a pull“ to achieve your dreams, or you are not sure what you are doing is on the right track, YES, then you need a mentor.
What is the role of a mentor?
- A mentor is a soundboard to bounce ideas off, before making risky, expensive decisions.
- A mentor is a “critical friend – honest, reliable and experienced – to assist, guide and support you.
- A mentor should never instruct, order or command, but rather guide the mentee into making informed decisions.
- A mentor is an objective, confidential, and trusted advisor.
- A mentor is knowledgable, resourceful, informative, experienced, skilled and performance driven.
- A mentor is an excellent problem solver and innovater.
What is the duration of mentorship?
To be able to measure impact and to see a difference in your operations, a minimum of three (3) months is advisable. Thereafter the duration of mentorship can be discussed based on the mentee’s personal needs and demands.
Which mentorship model does PRoComm use?
From our mentorship experience, we have learned that “One size DOES NOT fit all“.
Therefore our approach is very personalised and practical, combined with a strategy and tools to measure impact. Sometimes mentorship and coaching are intertwined. Our best results are from one-on-one mentoring, where we really get involved in a holistic way to assist the entrepreneur and strengthen business operations.
How does a typical agenda for a session look?
Please note, this is subject to change, as it is personalised to align with the mentee’s requirements and needs.
- Pre-evaluation – review what was discussed previously (historic data)
- Set expectations and requirements for this session
- Interim evaluation – track progress and review the growth plan
- General discussion – i.e. personal development and professional challenges / successes
- Discuss way forward and the mentee’s responsibilities (tasks to complete)
- Questions & concerns
- Post evaluation – what worked and what was the ROI (or why did it not work)?
How does it work?
After completing the formal documentation (i.e. client card, pre-evaluation, and needs assessment), we will issue an invoice. The first 30-minute consultation, with the aim of getting to know you and your business, is FREE. On receipt of proof of payment, we will then schedule the sessions as per your needs and preferences.
What can be expected?
Our style of mentorship is to empower the entrepreneur and then to develop the business as a whole to become more competitive in the market place.
We evaluate all areas of operations, or just the pressure points, and thereafter we discuss the plan for moving forward. Although we compile an action/growth plan, it is flexible to accommodate any changes in your operations. You set the pace, and we discuss whatever is on your agenda.
You can expect some homework activities to implement in your own time. To gain optimal benefit, it is important for the mentee to take ownership and responsibility and to actively practice new lessons learnt.
The mentorship process is flexible and changes to the initial plan can be expected as new challenges are identified.
How long is a session?
Anything from 60 minutes to 4 hours.
When will be sessions be held?
We will schedule the most suitable day of the week to align with your diary and commitments.
How often should sessions be held?
This depends on the mentee. The ideal is fortnightly, otherwise once a month. This will also give ample time to implement some of the new ideas, or to complete practical activities.
Where will sessions be held?
Sessions are face to face, and on-site (your office or ours). In between sessions we offer unlimited e-support. Should you need group coaching (life-skills, not credit bearing) for your employees, it will be conducted at your work place, or a venue organised and paid for by yourself.
How does the payment process work?
Payment of all coaching and consulting, is due on receipt of invoice, payable upfront, via EFT. On the EFT payment you use your invoice number as reference. Proof of payment should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
What happens if I can’t attend a session?
Kindly let us know 48 hours ahead of time and we will re-schedule for another date, otherwise you will forfeit the session (unless the cancellation is due to an unforeseen crisis).
If your coach is not able to make a session, of course the session will be re-scheduled for a time most suitable to you.
What is expected from me?
To be open and honest, and to discuss issues in a pro-active way. The more comfortable you are to share, the better we will be able to assist you. To take ownership and to implement latest knowledge learnt.
How safe is my information?
We pride ourselves on being true professionals, with ethical values and high moral standards, bound by the Professional Code of Ethics and our sound internal governance. Non-disclosure is a given, and any information about your business will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
How do you measure impact?
Impact can be measure in various ways:
- Did you achieve your goals?
- Did your sales increase?
- Did you create jobs?
- Was there an increase in assets value?
- What percentage of the strategic plan was implemented?
- What is the main growth area or biggest change in the business?
- If you received funding, what were the benefits?
- Did business operations expand?
- What is the impact on your personal development?
- Was a new product developed?
- Were new markets penetrated?
- Were any new linkages formed?
You are most welcome to contact us to discuss any questions or concerns you may have.